Saturday, February 18, 2012

Practicing a new skill

This is the next piece that I will use to practice my painting on fabric.  The design of this small quilt is provided by the class from Craftsy.  You will note that the hills and sky look very flat - but the painting should make them look like real hills. 
I am hoping that I can use these same techniques to create shape on the next portrait quilt that I make.  My goal is to have the faces look rounded instead of flat..... we will see if it works. 
One thing that I have definitely learned while selecting fabrics for this new painting technique is that I do not own very many light colored fabrics - I own mostly dark fabrics.  Maybe this is a good excuse to go BUY MORE fabric....hmmmm....
I will post a photo of the finished quilt soon....  barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment