Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm Back

It has been ages since I have posted but that doesn't mean that I haven't been creating.  In fact, I have been very busy so maybe I can use that as an excuse.

The first pix is of the class that I am teaching this week at the Ozark Folk Center for the Quilt Retreat.  I have been teaching there for several years and it is a lot of fun.

This wallhanging is hard to describe until you look at the photo and then it is easier to understand how it was done.

The center is whole cloth from a selected part of a Batik print.  I start by staring at the fabric sort of like I use to look at clouds when I was young.  I am looking for organic shapes that can be highlighted with thread and paint.  It is heavily quilted around the images to highlight them.  Lots of fun without any rules.  My favorite way to create. Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment