Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Mountains are Taking Shape

Well check this out!  The paint is really working to give the mountains some shape!  I still need to add the highlights with some lighter color but it is starting to work. 
The next step after I finish the mountains is to use shading on the foreground and road to help focus on the place where the road meets the mountain.  I have watched the video and it is amazing to see the difference.
One of the problems that I have encountered is that I don't have the right color paint to start with and have been trying valiantly to make my own correct color - but I am still such a novice at mixing colors that I am struggling.  BUT the additional color is ordered and will be here soon.  VERY hard to wait!!      barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment