Friday, March 30, 2012

Ida Mae and Erma Jean

This is the photo of a journal page that I made in 2010.  The two Ghosty Girls on the left were blobs of white paint that were just sort of annoying until they turned into figures.  I liked them so much that I made them into a quilt.





When they turned into fabric they were no longer Ghosty Girls - and were a lot more colorful.  The quilt is part of the Residents of Farkleberry Road series.

 Meet Ida Mae.........and Erma Jean
And here is the finished quilt - the circles are purple on one side and turquoise on the other and can flip around - just for fun!   This particular quilt was almost finished for about 5 month but sat on my design wall..... forever...... until I finally figured out that it needed the circles.     barbara
Ida Mae and Erma Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment