Friday, March 23, 2012

Renegade Letter

I haven't had time to quilt lately because we took a wonderful trip to California to visit Anna.  I took many photos of beautiful flowers that I hope magically turn into quilts some day.
For today - our small art quilting group, the Renegades, has a banner for quilt shows (generously made by Betty!) and we are going to each take a letter and decorate it.
So I have this big banner with big letters and was stumped for an idea.  I wanted to make my letter show MY art personality.  My art personality is either faces or figures - so how the heck was I supposed to make a face around black block letters?  Well I fiddled and sketched and finally came up with an idea that I like - and this is it.  It reminds me of Angelina Jolie and her fancy leg thrust at the Oscar ceremony.... barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment