Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hot Springs Inspiration

I took a three day class in Hot Springs Village the beginning of May.  In April we had weeks of rain and about a zillion bad storms and tornado warnings.  I am deeply frightened of storms so I was a nervous twit by the time I drove to Hot Springs for the class.  But I am SO GLAD that I did.
I was so lucky to be included in this class because I don't know any of the people in the group that was sponsoring the class.... but they needed folks to come, and I have always wanted to take a class from Esterita Austin.  I am completely amazed by her beautiful art quilts.
Little did I know that not only would I be in a class with such a famous teacher - but I would meet some wonderful friendly artistic quilters.  And Esterita is a GREAT teacher - and lots of fun too!!
In the class we learned her technique to create portrait quilts paying special attention to value as well as color.  Check out the next few posts to see examples of what I did since the class....   barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment