Sunday, December 5, 2010

Inspiration from a challenge

Sometimes I go into a challenge kicking and screaming because I don't like to be told what to do.  Once in awhile, a challenge comes along that really inspires a creative frenzy. 

The small art quilt group that I belong to, the" Renegades", throws out a challenge at least once a year and this year the inspiration involved a deck of cards.  We were each asked to draw a card, create a work that is 18"X24" and  present it to the group at our May meeting.  As everyone drew a card, my  muse was having her own little silent fit.

Once I got into my studio, the muse and I had an attitude adjustment and started to brainstorm.  Now I have my sketch almost finished and am finishing up the last of the UFO's so that I can jump into this project with both feet and a great attitude. Since this will be kept under wraps until May, I will be giving little hints as I go along but won't post the finished project until after our May meeting.  Stay tunes!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! And what a nifty card design to use for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete