Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gallery Show

It was so much FUN!  The Arkansas Craft Gallery looks so gorgeous - the displays are wonderful and Pat and Jane do such a nice job making everyone's work look beautiful.  And they really did a great job with my quilts and boxes and postcards.  They mixed in art work from other artists - and the combination made me smile.  This is a photo of the main wall showing my quilts.
I also got to do an artist demo.  And while I was chatting with folks about what it is that I do (a great mystery to most) I realized that I really miss talking to strangers about my work.  I wonder if I can find a way to do that more often next year?  Writing for this blog fills some of that need - but I like the face to face contact.  And I really like watching people who know me in other areas of my life seeing my artwork for the very first time.  My work is so whimsical that it definitely does not appeal to all people..... but at least they get to SEE what I love to create.  This is a photo of some of the frilly goodies that I brought for my display table so that folks could see the types of things I work with.... FUN!      Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment