Thursday, September 16, 2010

Busy Busy Week

This week started with a dog, house sitting job in the beautiful Ozark Mountain.  The house feels like I am at a luxury spa minus the special attendants who pamper you.  The only pampering that is happening is by me as I totally spoil the queen of the palace.  Tally is a black lab that keeps me on my toes every minute as she tries to get my attention by stealing everything she can get her mouth on.  I desperately needed a replacement for myself since I had a trunk show in Little Rock on Monday so my good friend Cindy (the Dog Whisperer) saved the day.  She has a mysterious ability to get this sweet package of fur to do anything that she wants her to.  She told me that it works because she is the "pack leader".  I am a marshmallow so I don't have the same success that Cindy did.  We have spent the last few days relaxing and catching up together.  Today she left for Washington, DC as the nurse for the WWII vets who are going to see the memorial.

The trunk show was a great success.  If you ask me how I know, I will tell you that they laughed at all the right places and swooned at my art quilts.  The afternoon was filled with a class that I teach called "Tsukineko meets Aloe Vera"  and all the students were stars.  When I get home at the end of the month, I will post some pictures of the students work.

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment