Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentines


Can you believe MORE tiny quilts?  This time made with paper! 

I saw an article about cutting strips of different papers and then sewing them together and then sewing a grid perpendicular to the sewing lines.... and THEN cutting shapes out of the new paper that you have created.  Whew!  Harder to say than it is to do.

Anyway.  Our regional SAQA group has a Valentine Challenge - we need to create a Valentine to swap.  I had NO idea what to do.  Until I started cutting shapes from the paper I created.  And voila!  A Valentine Girl.

So, of course, with my recent focus on creating a series - I made some more.  Great fun.  And each one is a little quilt made from paper instead of cloth - but a quilt nonetheless.     barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment