Friday, February 1, 2013

More Tiny Quilts

 So what is is about working on tiny little quilts that intrigues me so much?  These little guys are part of my series of 4" x 6" quilts.



Part of the attraction is probably just the fact that I can finish them easily and quickly.

But it is more than that.  I am fascinated (I know - that is a pretty powerful word) by the fact that each of the little faces turns out completely different even though I use the same exact guidelines for putting them together.
















So maybe part of the attraction is actually working on a SERIES.  And seeing what occurs.

This little guy looks sort of sad - even though he has a crown.  I think it is his mouth - and his eyes.  Hmmm.  

And this little guy looks sort of sleepy but contented.  Relaxed. 

I am going to change colors when I do the next group.  Maybe blues and greens.  And purples. 

I am enjoying giving these little quilts to people I know.  Especially when they are folks who support my efforts in quilting and art.  Where would I be without them?  I am SO lucky to have so many people to encourage me.

More soon.....  barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment