Saturday, July 2, 2011


After I tried the new Esterita Austin technique on several faces, I wanted to see if it would work on other objects.  Esterita has a great DVD explaining her technique and I watched it to remind myself of exactly what to do.  This is a photo of the finished quilt - small but lovely.  I forgot to take a picture before I painted it - but it looks amazingly different (and better) now.  The finished size is 15" x 13".  I kept the quilting very simple, and is used the same fabric that I used for the second (reddish toned) face in a previous post.  
I am really liking what I find when I take a photo to post on this blog - I think, looking at this photo, that I will go back and add a little more very dark paint between pear1 and pear2, at the bottom, to make pear 2 stand out more.  If I do I will post another photo.  barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment