Monday, March 7, 2011

New Journal Techniques Experiments

I am still feeling a bit out of sorts and looking for something to nudge me out of this overly quiet state of creativity.... so I watched Teesha Moore's on-line journaling videos - and they provided the inspiration to try something new with my journaling.
First of all, I changed to a very light wash of color using artist acrylics mixed with water - and I like the softer and lighter backgrounds that I achieved - and it was much faster to do.  Great idea.
Two page spread of journal
Then I took Teesha's suggestion to plunk borders completely around each page - to give more definition to the individual page and to add color and texture - and to start filling in the room so the blank page didn't feel as - well - as BLANK!
And then I cut out photos and used them as a place to start my characters - and then proceeded to "make them my own".  Very very fun.  So take a look and let me know if I am on the right path.
At the very least - I am having a lot of fun and starting to feel creative again.     Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment