Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Next Attempt

Bob and Chloe Fishing     23" x 26"
Since the class sample went so well I decided to try another quilt with the same technique that I used for the flower (in the previous post).  If I had ANY sense at ALL I would have done a second simple design so that I could practice making the pattern myself and learning the whole coding system for matching the pieces on a simple design.
But I just jumped in with abandon and no concept of what I was getting myself into and decided to make a quilt of one of my favorite photos of Bob and our beautiful granddaughter Chloe fishing.
And it was HARD.  Not just challenging, HARD.  It used every one of my brain cells to figure it out and work through the challenges that I had unintentionally set up for myself.  But I am very happy with the end result.
Bob and Chloe are done with a fusible technique because they are so detailed but then they are placed into the rest of the quilt like a puzzle piece.  And there is real fishing line from the pole to the bobber (a red button). 

The fishing line continues to the back of the quilt, and there is a fish on the end of the line.  Not a real fish!  A fabric fish!        It was overall a fun and challenging quilt.      barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment